Software Metrics Specialist
BearingPoint Caribbean is looking for a pro-active, driven and accurate Software Metrics Specialist. The dynamic Solution Development team currently consists of approximately 60 members with multidisciplinary backgrounds, responsible for developing and maintaining our solutions for our international client base. To our practice, Function Point Analysis (FPA) is the chosen method used to estimate the size of our IT projects, both for budgeting/pricing and for benchmarking purposes. For some projects, invoicing is based on the amount of delivered function points (FP). As our new team member, you will be the sizing and function point expert and you will play a crucial role in function point analysis in the company.
Your daily work:
- As a Software Metrics Specialist at BearingPoint, you review the available documentation that serves as input for your FPA estimates and give constructive feedback to the writers, aimed at improving the quality of the documentation.
- You are responsible for estimating the functional size of an application in accordance with the NESMA 2.2/2.3 guidelines as input for pricing and proposals, based on the available documentation and other sources. You make sure that your estimates are as accurate as possible and you can give an indication of the level of uncertainty.
- You support the project manager in discussing and negotiating the estimates with the client.
- During the development of the application, you regularly update the function point estimates and report on the development progress as measured in function points.
- At the end of a sprint or after delivery of the application, you will execute function point counts in accordance to the NESMA 2.2/2.3 guidelines, where you provide a thorough measurement of the functional size of a system by identifying relevant user functions and logical data sets. Both project and product size are measured.
- When a client requires clarification of the function point size, you are able to communicate and clarify your counts in a clear and consistent manner, both to sizing specialist employed by the client and to the clients’ management. You will always provide realistic and strongly substantiated answers and forecasts and are able to convince your conversation partners of the correctness of your counts.
- You create and maintain a database with function point sizes and benchmark data on our projects and report on these benchmarks to the management of the Solution Development team.
- Furthermore, you actively contribute to the dissemination of knowledge of FPA in the company and increase awareness of the impact of FPA in the software development process. You are able to identify bottlenecks and to make proposals to solve them. You are the owner of FPA in our company and are the go-to person for FPA questions.
- As a Software Metrics Specialist you are a sounding board for your colleagues, both within and outside the team as you support them with your expertise.
- You have a Bachelor or Masters in Accountancy, (Business) Informatics, Organizational & Information Science, Computer Science, Business Administration, or similar studies
- You have a minimum of 3 years relevant working experience
- You are Nesma CFPA certified or willing to become certified
- You have excellent communication skills in Dutch and English, both oral and written
- You have knowledge of the Agile/Scrum way of working
- You have working experience in or a strong affinity with IT development
- You have relevant working experience with Function Point Analysis on the Be Informed platform and/or a similar low code platform.
- You are Nesma, COSMIC or IFPUG certified
- You have experience with and knowledge of other FPA methods
- You have been working in an agile environment before
We are looking for someone who is accurate,has strong analytical skills, is disciplined, worksin a structured manner,and can substantiate his argumentation.You have excellent communication and presentation skills and you have amazing negotiation skills, a strong sense of perseverance, a good dose of people skills, a flexible mindset, and a good sense of judgement. You are a bit stubborn now and then.You have a creative mind, want to take initiative and can work under pressure. In addition, you have a good dose of empathy towards the customer. Furthermore,traveling is not an issue for you as you could be temporarily deployed to our other offices in the Caribbean or the Netherlands.
As an IT and Management Consultancy firm in the Dutch Caribbean, we help governments improve their business processes. Our solutions are based on four fundamental areas of the government: tax, social security, licensing, and collection. We leverage the Be Informed business process platform to support these knowledge-intensive organizations in their increasingly complex administrations. While contributing to these government organizations we believe that we help in creating SMART Islands, by increasing government revenues to invest in fundamental key priorities for our islands, such as education, employment and sustainability.
What can you expect from us
First of all, a young, FUN and dynamic team. At BearingPoint Caribbean we allow you to act independently and bring good ideas to the table. We are hands-on, open-minded and have an open door policy where there is room for innovation. We roll up our sleeves when there is work to do, even when it’s not in your area of expertise. Furthermore, you can expect a monthly salary and vacation days that are in line with the market, room for training and development.
Are you looking for a new opportunity, where you get the chance to excel at being yourself and really make a difference as a Software Metrics Specialist? Don’t hesitate and let’s talk! We are looking forward to meeting you soon!