Senior System Administrator
BearingPoint is looking for a Senior System Administrator who wants to make real impact. You’re a key player in keeping our IT operations and those of our clients up and running.
Your mission is to support in the increasingly complex computer systems, network servers and virtualization. We focus on four fundamental areas of the government: tax, collection, social security and permits & licensing. Your role within our organization is to anticipate and ensure that the technology infrastructure of our organization, and in some cases of our clients as well, runs smoothly and efficiently. Motivated by technological excellence across all aspects, you are the backbone of our rapidly growing IT environment and help enable our government clients to deliver on their own performance.
What are you going to do?
- You will strengthen the deployment and IT Services team to work on challenging internal and client projects and environments. The focus lies on deployment, implementation, maintenance and improvement of Windows systems.
- You continuously anticipate and ensure that the business needs are being met in terms of the deployment and availability of IT environments. This applies to some clients’ business needs as well. Developing and maintaining working relationships with internal and external stakeholders is essential. Subsequently, it is your responsibility to implement and maintain these environments.
- The team is continually collaborating with other business IT teams and introducing new innovation. With several international clients, projects and locations across the globe that need to be serviced, we’re looking into an approach to server virtualization that is flexible and future-proof to ensure maximum availability and efficiency. In this role you provide expertise and guidance in creating the right strategy that will achieve this objective.
- In this role you will be at the forefront of managing and maintaining our infrastructure and you lead the way in reaching higher levels for our platforms.
- You will perform duties in IT management and deployment involving complex development, testing, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of operating systems and related software.
- You are responsible for the creation and deployment of client installation packages.
Skills we’re looking for
- Solid understanding of (SQL) database and technical application management
- Ability to think strategically and initiate activities to realize the strategic goals
- Server virtualization, provisioning, and maintenance
- Windows Server Management
- Linux Server Management
- Network Management knowledge
- Management of IT configuration items (part of CMDB)
- Capacity and team management
- Thread detection
- In-depth knowledge of security management of IT environments
- Expert knowledge of Apache Subversion, Jenkins
- SSIS Integration, development and deployment
- 5+ years proven expert knowledge and experience of the Windows environment in similar senior role.
- You have demonstrated experience in server virtualization (Hyper-V and VMware).
- Experience in client interfacing role.
- A Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in IT, Engineering or Computer Science.
- Windows Server or SQL Database Administration certification is an advantage
- Excellent communicator and collaborator with passion for driving transformation in fast-growing organization.
- A critical attitude, technical mind, and proven problem-solving skills to take the lead and tackle what needs to be done for the best possible outcome.
What do we offer?
- We offer a competitive salary with bonus, pension scheme and attractive secondary conditions.
- A personal development budget and all the facilities you need to do your work well.
- A fast-growing, ambitious work environment where a lot of value is placed on development and growth opportunities.
- Challenging international clients in various corners of the world.
- We will support you (and your family) with a complete relocation package.
Join our team
Our strength lies in understanding the core business of governments while enabling information technology to achieve fundamental advancements. So not only do governments experience drastic improvements of their processes, we make the difference because our technology creates solutions for real-world problems. BearingPoint Caribbean has offices located on Curaçao, Bonaire, Aruba, and St. Maarten. Our software solutions are used by tax administrations and social security organizations all over the world, from the Caribbean to the Pacific. Our team consists of 100+ highly skilled professionals (IT and subject matter experts) who dare to dream and think about the possibilities. We are go-getters, we think ahead, and we dedicate each day to getting the job done.