Medior Test Engineer
Join BearingPoint Caribbean to play a key role in the successful digital transformations of our government clients in Small Island Developing States (SIDS) and developing countries. Your mission is to enable them to use technology to drive change. If you want to impact and help shape the way our clients offer public services to their citizens and businesses, then this is a role for you.
Helping to improve the quality and functionality of our solutions is crucial to leading the successful delivery of our IT projects. We build on a low-code development platform and use intelligent robotic process automation to create smarter processes for our government clients. Our focus lies on three fundamental areas of government: tax, social security and permits & licensing.
Join our team
We are offering the challenging position of Medior Test Engineer.
As Medior Test Engineer you will join our Solutions Development department and work on large and complex client IT projects. In this diverse role you are responsible for software and security testing. and coordinate all test activities and varieties. Together with our other security tester, you will further develop security testing within our company. You will be part of a full-fledged Test team, in which knowledge sharing and development is highly stimulated. Overseeing and determining the test areas from different perspectives and integrating the testing development process is the basis of your daily focus.
- From test planning up to test performing and coordinating all test life cycle activities, you coordinate and support test process in the projects you work on.
- You apply your up-to-date knowledge of security testing and thoroughly test our solutions for vulnerabilities.
- You recognize opportunities and identify risks against predetermined objectives.
- You test software solutions against the test base on both functional and non-functional requirements.
- With your experiences in manual and automated testing you plan and control the testing process actively, while guiding and taking responsibility for the non-functional testing processes to achieve the set goals.
- You lead the development of the test strategy by constantly seeking better methods and processes to improve and reuse according to the TMap NEXT and/or ISTQB standards.
- You act as an ambassador for security testing in our company and you become the go-to person for security-related issues.
- You continuously provide visibility and report on product quality and outstanding risks to stakeholders in order to mitigate them as much as possible.
- You focus on innovation and use your experience to provide guidance and support while maintaining a high level of quality in an agile environment.
- You have a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Informatics or similar studies and a minimum of 5 years of working experience in a similar position, preferably in an Agile/SCRUM environment.
- You are certified in TMap NEXT Test Master and/or ISTQB Test Manager and preferably have experience in supporting and guiding multiple testers.
- You are a certified Ethical Hacker, other relevant security certifications (such as OSCP) are a plus.
- You have at least 4 years of experience in security testing
- You have knowledge of test automation and testing of non-functional quality attributes.
- You are interested in becoming a domain expert and having general knowledge of our tools, development platforms, and solutions.
- You have the ability to accurately plan, organize, guide and balance the work independently to achieve the team’s test objectives.
- You have outstanding critical and analytical skills, and are able to communicate in a friendly and highly accessible way, both inside and outside the organization.
- You have good interpersonal skills and are fluent in Dutch and English communication; Papiamentu & Spanish is a plus.
- Dynamic working environment
- Competitive salary package and pension scheme
- Relocation compensation
Our strength lies in understanding the core business of governments while enabling information technology to achieve fundamental advancements. So not only do our government clients in Small Island Developing States (SIDS) and developing countries experience drastic improvements of their processes, we make the difference because our technology creates solutions for real-world problems. BearingPoint Caribbean is a fast-growing company. Our software solutions are used by tax administrations and social security organizations all over the world, from the Caribbean to the Pacific. With the knowledge and expertise of more than 100 employees, we support these governments towards digital transformation. This leads to cost savings that can be used for important priorities such as education and healthcare. With this we create real added value for individuals and communities.